I do not expect charity from anyone; self-sufficiency is very important to me. However, there are ways you can help which do not involve parting with your hard-earned cash!
- Create awareness. Tell others about this project. Put a link to my website on your website, and I will return the favour.
- Participate on freewilltravel.com! Go to the forum and vote in my polls, tell me about the hidden gems around the world that I just can’t miss, and join in the discussion on “life, the universe and everything” – perhaps we can come up with a better answer than 42?
- Meet me! If you live reasonably close to my (very flexible) route, I may just drop in for a chat! Perhaps you even have a sofa I can sleep on for a night or two, or maybe you have a garden in which I can pitch my tent? Perhaps I could borrow a computer for a few hours? Or show me your hometown! I would feel privileged to be given a chance to see the world through your eyes. Start a new topic in the Meet Martin! section of the forum, and I will respond as soon as I can (which may be a while if I am in the middle of nowhere!).
- Take part in the creation of the "global musical collaboration" (GMC)! With an application like Cubase, Logic or Sonar, you will easily be able to synchronise a musical response to someone else’s musical response to someone else’s musical response… The quality of the recording is less important than what it expresses, and every contribution is equally valid. I will attempt to publish every contribution on this website, depending on the numbers received. Check out the Music page!
… and here are the ways which do involve parting your almighty $$$!
- Buy my debut album of original piano pieces, “Essence”! As my budget is very tight, I am hoping to boost it with some CD sales. Go to this page to listen to a sample and to read more about it, then follow the “buy now” link to go to amazon.co.uk, who deliver worldwide. Only about 900 copies have been pressed, and at the time of writing (early March 2006), I have sold about 40. I need to sell around 200 to even cover my costs! I originally wanted to sign every copy, but this proved to be impossible, as I had to deliver them shrink-wrapped (in plastic) to Amazon. So as an alternative solution, I will sign them in person whilst travelling! If you live reasonably near my intended (but flexible) route, I will attempt to drop by to sign it, if you wish. All you have to do is to start a new topic in the Meet Martin! section of the forum, and I will respond as soon as I can. I hope you understand that I may not be able to make it; I cannot make any promises. Also, please be aware that if you want to “Meet Martin” without buying my CD, that is of course perfectly acceptable. No pressure!
- And finally, after much deliberation, I have opened up for the possibility of accepting donations through PayPal. Before doing so, you should read my pledges on the legal info page, which I will treat as a legally binding contract on how any donation is to be spent. (I have ambiguous feelings about accepting money in this way, and the pressure it could create. I do not take this lightly. So if you read the “financial” part of the legal info carefully, you will see that it is designed to remove this pressure.) Basically, if you want to contribute financially, please buy my CD. Then, if you like the CD, if you like the idea of what I am trying to accomplish, and if you have money you do not know how to spend… then feel free to click on the “donate” button below. You can donate any amount with any major credit card, and you do not need a PayPal account yourself. You will be given the option to enter a name, and whatever you type in this box will appear on the Sponsors page within a reasonable amount of time. It will also appear in the sleeve notes of the charity-CD and in the end credits of the documentary. Leave it blank to remain anonymous, or enter whatever value you please. (For example, “Martin Voll, London, UK”, “MV” or “BigHairyTroll” are all acceptable.) You will be paying
into my personal account called email@example.com.
DONATE VIA PAYPAL:
Thank you for your support!