I can’t come up with any really good reasons why you should want to meet and get acquainted with me over the thousands of other people you may come across in your lifetime. I can, however, come up with plenty of good reasons why I would want to meet you:
- If you have bought my CD of piano pieces, I would like to return the favour by signing it in person! You never know, if this project becomes as “big” as I want it to be, it may in time be worth more than you paid for it? Only about 900 copies have been pressed, and I will make sure to add the date and the location to each signature, so that each CD becomes a unique part of my journey. (Buying a CD is absolutely no requirement to hook up, though!!!!)
- I would love to see the world through someone else’s eyes. I would feel privileged to be shown a town by someone who lives locally, to do what you do and not what the tourists do. Not to be a guest, just to be a part of the inventory. Perhaps I could even include you in my documentary (if you agree to this, of course)?
- Do you have a sofa I could sleep on for a night or two? Or a garden in which I can pitch my tent? My budget is extremely tight, and I could do with all the help I can get. Perhaps I could give you a hand with something in return? A definite bonus is that I never wet myself in my sleep, even when very drunk.
- Could I borrow your computer for a few hours? And perhaps recharge my camcorder and mp3-player?
- Do you want to contribute to the “global musical collaboration”, but don’t have the means to record yourself? Pick an FD-file (I will carry all of these around with me) to respond to, and I will record your contribution as an SD-file. For an explanation, see the music page.
- Or do you just fancy a chat over a beer or a coffee?
- Why does everything have to have a reason, anyway?
First of all, have a look at my route, and if you live reasonably nearby, I may just drop in! Then start a new topic in the “Meet Martin!” section of the forum, stating any particular reason you may have. (If you have one!) Please ensure that you have specified an email address, and ideally other details about you as well, on your profile. It may take a while for me to respond, depending on where I am and what I am doing.
Please be aware that I may not be able to make it for a number of reasons, including lack of time and money, a change of route or plans, illness, tiredness etc. I also reserve the right to simply change my mind (about anything!!), but I will try to give you plenty of notice.
I’ll be seeing you…