There are a lot of different kinds of things you will want to take into mind of when it comes down to having a garage, because this is just as important as any other room in your home. So do not forget about it or ignore it.
Usually, a garage will have a dull concrete floor that is probably stained from the years of people walking on it and from cars parking on it. However, if you are interested in improving your garage, then there are a lot of methods you could use, as a matter of fact. So if you want to open the door to a beautiful garage, then you should consider epoxy coatings which can bring your garage floor back to life as well as make it easier to maintain.
You Will Need Tools
When you are planning on bringing back your garage from the dead then you will need to have an quikrete epoxy garage floor coating kit, and this will also include a DVD showing you what to do. This kit will help protect your garage floor against a wide range of different kinds of things such as scuffs, oil, gasoline, tires, and from general wear and tear as well. In order to apply the coating to your floor you will need some tools such as a solvent resistant brush, a roller tray, a 3/8” roller that has an extension, push broom, garden hose, plastic watering can, stiff bristle brush, and that is all.
How to Coat your Garage Floor
1. The most important thing to consider when you are coating your garage floor is the preparation. So use your b room to make sure you sweep away all of the dust and other kinds of dirt.
2. The second step is to make the surface of the floor wet then add a bond-lok concrete in a watering can along with 3 quarts of water, this is used to degrease, etch, and clean, the garage floor in one motion.
3. Make sure you cover the entire floor with this solution. You can also use a bristle brush to help spread around the cleaner and remove stains.
4. Once you applied the solution, you will need to rinse away the remaining dirt using a garden hose.
5. Wait for the garage floor to dry; this should be around 4 hours.
6. Combine the two different parts of the epoxy and then let it sit for about 30 minutes before you use it.
7. You will then need to apply the epoxy using even strokes on the garage floor.
8. If you want to add some color flakes, then you will need to sprinkle it lightly on the floor.
9. Then let the epoxy dry for a couple days before you park a car in there, and that is the basics on opening the door to a beautiful garage.